Ever since 3 hours a week launch every one seems to have the same dream.
Wake up on the morning and see the amazon affiliate dashboard like this…
(Image source: Top 5 SEO)
For most of the people it’s dream right?
I started affiliate marketing in January 2018, since I earned my first income with affiliate marketing in Dec 2018.
It took me 11 freaking months to get my first income with affiliate marketing and I don’t want to let that happen with you.
With this guide, my aim is to help you to understand affiliate marketing so that you can start your journey with affiliate marketing.
Before you start your journey with affiliate marketing I want to show you something that help you to understand the potential of affiliate marketing.
Here is the screenshot of the one of the affiliate programme I promote:
The above took me 2 years to accomplish.
However, the important thing is:
How I achieve this kind of results, and is this possible for you too?
Well, the key here is how much you willing to learn and how much you want to live a financially free life.
I have accomplish all this things only working 2-4 hours a day with my full-time job.
If I can do it then definitely you can also do it or you can do better then me.
Anyone with the decent dedication can easily make $3000-$4000 within next 6-8 months by regular practicing 3-4 hours every day.
How to do this?
Well, we dwell into this but before that I am going to show you what you will be going through in this free affiliate course.
With this free guide, I want to provide all details about:
- Basics of Affiliate Marketing
- How Affiliate marketing works
- How to get started with affiliate marketing
- Affiliate marekting terminologies
Alright, Let’s get started.
What is Affiliate Marketing & how does it work?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s products or services through different promotions channel.
There are many companies that has affiliate programme like amazon, flipkart, snapdeal, clickbank, etc. You can join there affiliate programme for absolutely free.
You can earn commission from $1-$10,000 or even more depending on how you put your efforts into it.
Here is how affiliate marketing works in 4 simple steps:
- You join an affiliate program
- You pick a product to promote
- You promote a product through different promotional channels
- When someone makes a purchase, you will get a commission.
So, in simple words
Any company that sell products online has an affiliate program, which is free to join. It’s as simple as creating an online profile or creating an account on any site.
You can simply signup for the program and get your affiliate links to promote their products.
Now whenever you are write about their products on your wbesite or any other platforms you just have add your affiliate link to the content. If your readers/traffic buy something from your link then you will get commission.
Is it easy or not?
Answer in “Yes” or “No”
Ofcourse Yes because of 2 reasons:
- Signup for affiliate program
- Getting paid when someone buys from your link
It’s super easy, thanks to advance digital payment system like paypal and payoneer.
The tough part is , how badly you want to work for this.
To become successful In affiliate marketing you need to learn every day and need to flourish your skill everyday.
How beginner can start affiliate marketing:
You can start affiliate marketing in many way.
- Start Blog
- Start Youtube channel
- Start Podcast
- Social media marketing
- Landing page
These are some of the common methods that most of the people used and I my self using blogging methods to promot affiliate marketing offers.
Here is the overview of how you can start affiliate marketing via blog.
- Pick a profitable niche
- Buy domain
- Buy hosting
- Install WordPress
- Setup blog
- Start creating content
- Drive traffic to your website
- Use email marketing to capture the data
- Set the email marketing automation
- Focus more on driving organic traffic via SEO
This is just the overview of how you can start promoting affiliate offers.
The reason blogging is the one of the best way to started with affiliate marketing is because it requires minimum investment and along with that you can learn different skills with that.
Affiliate Marketing Terminologies:
- Affiliates: Publishers like you and me who promotes other people’s product through affiliate links
- Affiliate Marketplace: It is those who allow affiliates to promote products like Amazon, Flipkart, Clickbank, CJ.
- Affiliate software: Softwares used by companies to create an affiliate program
- Affiliate Link: Links that help you to track the promotion of the affiliate program
- Affiliate ID: It is the unique ID of affiliates that you can add any page or links
- Payment mode: Affiliate platform uses different payment modes to payout your commission like PayPal, Payoneer.
- Commission percentage/amount: The amount or percentage you will be receiving in affiliate income from every sale.
- Landing pages: A separate page for products that help you to understand what product is and how they will help buyers. Most of the programs that you will be promoting have many landing pages, and you can run A/B testing to see which pages convert best for you.
- Custom affiliate income/account: Many companies offer custom affiliate income to people making the most affiliate sales per day or per month.
- Link clocking: Most of the affiliate tracking links are ugly. Using a link clocking technique like URL shorteners, Thirsty Affiliates, etc., you can turn ugly links into links that can be read and understood by your readers.
- Custom coupons: Affiliate programs allow affiliates to create custom coupons which are also used to track sales.
Many of the affiliate programe has 30-100 days cookies period, which means if someone clicked on you link and haven;t purchased anything, but after somedays he re-visit that website in next 30-100 days and purchase something then also you will get commissions.
If you have read this article till here then now you have basic understanding of what affiliate marketing is and how it works.
hope this beginner’s guide to affiliate marketing will help you get started. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.
If you find this article informative, do share it with your friends!